Now that Break Free has started, please just come to Anacortes and say you want to help out. Our internet access is spotty here and there’s little time to go online.
We can use your help at all sites — Deception Pass campground (go to the Hub camp area, right near the entrance), Seafarers Park (for water activities), and the encampment on the oil train tracks at Hwy 20 and Farm to Market Rd.
Types of roles we need help with:
- Legal observer: Watch and take notes on interactions between activists and law enforcement after being trained by our legal experts
- Peacekeeper: Help de-escalate negative or emotionally driven situations to help keep Break Free calm and cool after being trained by our peacekeeping team.
- Kitchen Assistant: Help out with kitchen chores including prepping food, cooking food, serving food, and cleaning up
- Kitchen Transport: Using a personal vehicle, help transport large quantities of food from a kitchen to serving locations
- First Aid Assistant: Staff a first aid booth at Deception Pass campground or roam the March Point area
- Info Table Staffer: Help participants get the information they’re looking for at our info booth in Deception Pass campground
- Shuttle Driver: Pick up/drop off folks at the train and bus stations in Mt. Vernon, provide transport between Deception Pass campground, Anacortes, and March Point
Bus Driver: Drive private bus between points in the Anacortes/Deception Pass area, pick up and drop off passengers, be on call and able to alter plans quickly
- Convergence set up/break down: Help set up and break down tables, booths, and stages
- Clean up crew at DP: Clean up campsites in the event campers are arrested and can’t do it themselves, clean up our group site area